Cabrini University is a residential Catholic university founded in 1957 by the Missionary Sisters of the Sacred Heart of Jesus. Cabrini enrolls approximately 1,300 undergraduates and 1,400 graduate students in more than 30 majors and pre‑professional programs.  A hallmark of Cabrini’s educational mission is a strong commitment to social justice that is exemplified by its Justice Matters core Cabrini Collegecurriculum. The curriculum stresses a common core of knowledge to connect the theory and practice of social justice to each student’s major.

The University’s beautiful 112-acre campus is located at 610 King of Prussia Road in Radnor, just 30 minutes from Philadelphia.  The centerpiece of the campus is a well-known landmark of the Philadelphia Main Line:  the Woodcrest Estate Mansion, which was named to the National Register of Historic Places in 2009.   Designed by Philadelphia architect Horace Trumbauer, the Mansion was constructed between 1901 and 1903 for James W. Paul Jr., the son-in-law of famed Philadelphia financier Anthony Drexel. In 1925 the Mansion was sold to Dr. John T. Dorrance, the President of Campbell’s Soup Company.  After its sale to the Missionary Sisters in 1953 and the establishment of the University, the Mansion served as the primary academic and residential building.  Today, much of the 51-room Mansion remains virtually unchanged, including elements of 15th, 16th, and 17th century English design, and is primarily modeled after the Elizabethan (Tudor) style.

So, when you are at The Main Line Antiques Show on Cabrini’s campus this October, don’t forget to take a look at the Woodcrest Estate Mansion – it is truly an important part of Main Line history